สุขโคลน (sujok) means “to heal” in Thai. It is an ancient healing technique that uses pressure on specific points on the body to promote wellness.
Sujok acupressures are also known as “acupuncture without needles”. The practitioner will use his or her fingers to apply pressure on the points in order to stimulate the body’s energy flow. This technique can be done anywhere at anytime.
There are five levels of Sujok Acupressure treatment. In this article, we are going to discuss the 5 levels and when to use them.
Level 1 – The Basic Level of Sujok Acupressure
This is the first level of sujok acupressure therapy. The first level of sujok therapy is also called “basic sujok therapy.” It’s used to relieve tension and stress. It’s used to treat minor ailments such as headaches, colds, and muscle pain.
The Sujok Acupressure Massage
The massage therapist will use a combination of pressure and movement to stimulate your body’s energy meridians (also known as acupressure points). This type of massage can be relaxing or energizing depending on how you feel at that moment.
You should wear loose-fitting clothing for this treatment. If you have any medical conditions, please let your therapist know before beginning.
How Long Does A Sujok Therapy Level I Treatment Take?
A typical session lasts about 30 minutes.
Is There Any Preparation For A Sujok Acupressure Therapy?
No preparation is required for this treatment. However, if you are taking medication, it may affect the results of the treatment. Please inform your therapist if you have any concerns.
Can I Bring My Own Supplies?
Yes! Your therapist will provide everything you need during your treatment.
Will I Feel Pain During A Sujok Acupressure Therapy Session?
Most people do not experience any discomfort while receiving a sujok acupressure therapy session. If you feel pain or discomfort during the treatment, please let your therapist know immediately so that they can adjust their technique to help alleviate the issue.
What Is The Cost Of A Sujok Acupressure Therapy Treatment?
The cost of a sujok acupressure therapy level 1 treatment varies depending on where you live and what services you require. You can find out more information by contacting the practitioner. In case you need a treatment from me please use the zoom call option given on the right to schedule an appointment with me.
Level 2 – A More Advanced Level Of Sujok Acupressure
The second level of sujok acupressure is used to treat more serious issues such as arthritis, back pain, and migraines. Sujok acupressure can be performed on any part of the body including the head, neck, shoulders, arms, hands, legs, feet, abdomen, chest, or back. It is a highly effective treatment for many conditions that Western medicine cannot cure.
The second level of sujok treatment is called “advanced sujok therapy.” This type of sujok therapy involves applying more intense pressure to the same points as above. The purpose of this advanced sujok therapy is to break through the blockage and stimulate the meridians, which will help clear up any underlying imbalances that may be causing your pain.
Acupuncture can also be used in conjunction with sujok therapy for greater effectiveness. Acupuncture has been shown to reduce inflammation and increase circulation, thereby helping to promote healing. It’s a great way to complement TCM treatments.
In this level, the idea is to find the right acupuncture point and applying pressure gently to that point.
There are hundreds of different acupuncture points located around the body. Each point corresponds to a particular organ or system of the body. For example, there are 12 main acupressure points located at the top of the head that correspond to the brain, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, throat, and sinuses. There are also 12 major acupuncture points located on each side of the body that correspond to the heart, lungs, liver, stomach, spleen, kidneys, bladder, small intestine, large intestine, gallbladder, pancreas, and adrenal glands. The number of acupressure points varies from person to person depending upon their unique constitution.
The most common areas for acupuncture treatment include:
Head – including scalp, face, forehead, temples, jawbone, teeth, eye sockets, ear canals, and sinus cavities
Neck – including neck muscles, thyroid gland, carotid artery, jugular vein, trachea, esophagus, larynx, pharynx, tongue, tonsils, and lymph nodes
Chest – including rib cage, diaphragm, breastbone, sternum, thymus, pericardium, heart, and lungs
Abdomen – including abdomen, liver, gallbladder, spleen, pancreas, kidneys, bladder, uterus, ovaries, testicles, prostate, rectum, small intestine, colon, appendix, mesentery, umbilicus, and inguinal region
Genitals – including penis, clitoris, labia, vagina, vulva, scrotum, and anus
Level 3 – An Even More Advanced Level Of Sujok Acupressure.
This is an advanced form of sukjok acupressure therapy. It’s used to treat more serious conditions such as cancer, high blood pressure, and kidney stones. The third level of sujok therapy involves applying even more intense pressure than the previous two levels.
The patient lies on his or her back with knees bent and feet flat on the floor. The practitioner places a small pillow under the head for comfort. A second person holds the legs in place while the first applies pressure to the lower abdomen using a special device called a sukjong acupressure mat.
In this type of treatment, the practitioner presses firmly but gently against the skin at specific points along the body. This stimulates acupuncture meridians that run through the body. Acupuncture works by stimulating nerves and muscles to release toxins from the body.
Sukjok acupressure can be done anywhere on the body, including the face, arms, chest, stomach, thighs, calves, hands, and feet. It may also be combined with other treatments, such as massage, herbal medicine, and exercise.
How does it work?
Acupressure uses finger-like projections (acupuncture needles) instead of fingers. These are placed over certain areas of the body where there are energy pathways known as meridians. When you press down on these points, they stimulate the flow of qi (energy). Qi flows up the spine to the brain, which then sends messages throughout the body.
Pressure applied to the appropriate points helps relieve pain, reduce swelling, and improve circulation. It also reduces stress and anxiety.
Who should use it?
You might want to try sujog acupressure if:
- Your doctor has prescribed it for your condition
- You have chronic pain
- You experience muscle spasms or cramps
- You have a headache that won’t go away
- You feel anxious
- You have insomnia
- You have arthritis
- You have back problems
- You have high blood pressure
- You have migraines
- You have sciatica
- You have tension headaches
- You have ulcers
- You have varicose veins
- You have vertigo
- You have fibromyalgia
- You have carpal tunnel syndrome
- You have tinnitus
- You have an ear infection
- You have a toothache
- You have a sore throat
- You have a cold
- You have a cough
- You have a fever
- You have a rash
Level 4 – The Most Advanced Level Of Sujok Acupressure
The fourth level of sujok treatment is called extreme sujok therapy. This form of treatment is used when the patient has been through three other levels of sujok treatment without any improvement. It’s also used when the patient is suffering from severe symptoms such as hallucinations, delusions, and paranoia. Level 4 is considered the ultimate level of sujok acupressure because it treats the root cause of the problem. If you’re suffering from any type of pain, this is the level you should be looking at.
The following are some examples of Level 4 treatments:
- Treatment for a sprained ankle or broken bone: The patient lies on his back with his knees bent and feet flat on the floor. His arms are placed over his head to support him. A practitioner presses down firmly on the top of the foot, then moves up along the leg toward the knee joint. This treatment can also be done using a pillow under the patient’s legs.
- Treatment of chronic headaches: The patient lies face-down on a table with her arms stretched out above her head. Her elbows are pressed together so that she feels pressure in the middle of her forehead.
- Painful shoulder injury: The patient lies prone on a table with both hands behind his neck and his elbows resting against the table. He may have an ice pack wrapped around his shoulders.
- Chronic lower back pain: The patient lies supine on a table with one arm extended straight out in front of him and the other hand supporting his head.
- Sore throat: The patient lies prostrate on a table with his mouth open and his tongue hanging out. The practitioner gently pushes the tip of the tongue forward and backward until he finds the sore spot.
Treating specific conditions
In addition to treating general health problems, acupressure practitioners treat many different types of ailments, including the following:
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a painful condition caused by inflammation of joints. It affects more than 50 million people in the United States alone. Acupressure has been used successfully to reduce the symptoms of arthritis. In fact, studies show that acupuncture plus moxibustion (burning herbs) is as effective as anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin and ibuprofen.
- Asthma: Asthma is characterised by wheezing, coughing, shortness of breath, and chest tightness. Acupressure can help relieve these symptoms.
- Back pain: Back pain is a common ailment that afflicts millions of Americans each year. Acupressure is often used to treat low back pain.
- Cancer: Cancer is a disease that causes abnormal cell growths to form tumors. Acupressure helps control cancerous tumors and reduces side effects associated with chemotherapy.
- Fertility: Fertility is the ability to conceive and carry a pregnancy to term. Acupressure techniques can improve fertility and increase chances of conception.
- Heartburn: Heartburn occurs when acid refluxes into your esophagus. Acupressure relieves heartburn by stimulating the stomach and spleen meridians.
- High blood pressure: High blood pressure is a major risk factor for cardiovascular diseases. Acupressure lowers blood pressure and improves circulation.
- Hip pain: Hip pain is usually caused by muscle strain or torn ligaments. Acupressure stimulates the liver and kidney meridian points to alleviate hip pain.
- Insomnia: Insomnia is a sleep disorder characterized by difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep. Acupressure relaxes muscles and increases energy levels, which allows you to fall asleep easier.
- Menopause: Menopause is the end of menstruation. During menopause, women experience hot flashes, night sweats,
Level 5 – The Ultimate Level Of Sukjok Pressure
This is also known by some as “The Ultimate”, “The Final”, “The Absolute”, or “The Perfection”.
Level 5 is the ultimate level of sujok acupressure. It’s used when there is no other option left. It’s the last resort before surgery. It is generally applied on the wound.
Extreme sujok therapy is often used in cases where there is no hope of recovery. It involves using extremely strong sujok pressure to force the patient into a state of deep unconsciousness. Once the patient is unconscious, doctors will perform an operation to remove the tumors.
It’s a very painful technique, but it can be used to save your life if you’re in danger. The first thing that happens is that the patient will feel pain and discomfort. The second thing that happens is that they’ll start to lose consciousness.
If you don’t do anything about this, then the next thing that happens is that their heart stops beating. This means that they are dead. But if you use Level 5 Sujok Acupressure, then you can stop the bleeding from the wound. You can also stop the blood flow to the brain. This way, the patient won’t die. They’ll just have some serious injuries.
However, if you don’t know how to apply Level 5 Sujok, then you should get help immediately. If you wait too long, then the damage could become irreversible.
How To Use Level 5 Sujok Acupressure?
There are two ways to use Level 5 sujok acupressure:
- Apply it directly on the wound.
- Apply it on the area around the wound.
In both cases, you need to press down with all your strength. You mustn’t let up until you see the results. You should only use Level 5 sujok acupressure for wounds that are deep or infected.
When applying it on the wound itself, make sure that you put enough pressure on the wound so that you can stop the bleeding completely. If you apply it on the surrounding area, then you should focus more on stopping the bleeding.Once you’ve applied the pressure, you should leave it alone. Don’t move it around. Just keep pressing down as hard as possible. Afterwards, you should remove the pressure slowly. Make sure that you don’t pull out any parts of the skin.
What Happens After Using Level 5 Sujok Acupressure?
After using Level 5 Sujok Acupressure, you should see some changes right away.
- First of all, you should notice that the color of the wound has changed. It turns dark red because of the amount of blood that’s being released.
- Secondly, you should see that the wound starts to heal faster than usual.
- Thirdly, you should notice that there is less swelling.
- Fourthly, you should notice an improvement in the amount of blood that comes out of the wound.
- Fifthly, you should notice a reduction in the amount of pain that the patient feels.
- Sixthly, you should see that there is less bruising.
- Seventhly, you should notice less pain in the joints.
- Eighthly, you should notice better circulation.
- Ninthly, you should notice more energy.
- Tenthly, you should notice fewer headaches.
- Eleventhly, you should see less inflammation.
- Twelfthly, you should notice improved digestion.
- Thirteenthly, you should notice increased immunity.
- Fourteenthly, you should see a reduction in the amount that the patient sweats.
- Fifteenthly, you should feel less tired.
- Sixteenthly, you should experience less stress.
- Seventeenthly, you should feel more relaxed.
- Eighteenthly, you should sleep better.
- Nineteenthly, you should have more energy.
- Twenty-firstly, you should feel happier.
- And finally, twenty-secondly, you should feel healthier.
Why Is Level 5 Sujok Acupressure Important?
Sujok Acupressure is useful for many reasons. Firstly, it can be used to stop the bleeding from the wounds. Secondly, it can be used when there is no time to go to the hospital. Thirdly and most importantly, it can be used for people who are unconscious.
Anupriya is an Alternative Educator, Holistic Healing Trainer, Trance Medium and now an Author who has mastered many different healing and teaching modalities. She has worked in La Wisdom Alternative Learning Center in Bangalore for 2 years. She has educated children and parents on varied topics like emotional awareness, casteism in india, team work, career choices and addiction awareness etc. She continues to intrigue the minds of young people with her logical and experimental approach. Having gone through her own painful spiritual journey, she also learnt every healing modality that she could get her hands on. She has been training people in – Meditations, Reiki Energy Healing, Emotional Freedom technique, different forms of Acupressure and Reflexology, Ayurvedic Colour Therapy, Sujok, Naturopathy, Bach Flower Remedies, Chakra Healing, Angel Healing and Pendulum Dowsing etc from past 5 years. She has also developed faster healing methods for trauma and abuse victims using various guided meditations, creative visualisations and breathwork. Her faster methods work best with working professionals who have little to no time for themselves and children who have no patience as she teaches very quick tips and tricks to recover from painful circumstances. She also offers longer ‘energy and consciousness’ courses for adults, teenagers and children who wish to awaken a deeper human and spiritual awareness within them.
- BODY LOVES YOU
- ENERGY LOVES YOU
- MIND LOVES YOU
- NATURE LOVES YOU
- SOUL LOVES YOU